8.12.2010

Telluride 2

We planned our day much smarter the second time around stopping in Mountain Village for some pizza and Smugglers Brewpub for a Sky Hop before walking into the grounds around 7:15 PM. We had a blanket this time and settled in on Page side. Even though we were pretty far back we had a great view of the stage and plenty of room to boogie.

I loved the “Coil” “Stealing Time” opening combo and my first “Timber” since 8/11/04 was a big treat. The set really took off with a ripping “Divided Sky” followed by the rarity combo of “Walk Away” and “Roses.” This set allowed me to take a of lot pictures of the scenic beauty, not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing though.

When you hear the rumble of “Party Time” start up you know you are in for some good times, and the following “Mike’s > C+P > H2 > Groove” certainly qualifies. After that five song combo I was expecting a down tune but instead was treated to “Destiny” for only my second time ever and this version far surpassed the 8/7/09 botch-fest. I have to admit when “Carini” was rocking out I was hoping for a segue into “Fuck Your Face” but alas I got “Free” instead, which was nice in its own right. Teri and Larisa started moving toward the front during “YEM” and were treated to an up close “Shine a Light,” which Teri had been hoping to hear since we left Eugene.

Telluride was a great place to see a show and I certainly hope Phish returns there, but the vibe was a little too “Colorado” for me. With the abundance of locals the snobby hippie level was a touch too high for my liking. I still had a great time though as the weather and resort were both top notch. I’m just not a fan of the entitled Colorado hippie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home