8.10.2010

Greek 3

Ok, so I was lazy in writing about the Greek, but I woke up at 11 the day after and we had a driver waiting on us at 11:30 to take us on a tour on San Francisco. I got up, ate, showered and was out the door at 11:40. Then when we got back it was time to pack, so forgive me.

Overall the third night of the Greek was better than the first, but not quite as strong as night two. The first set was a little short which led to a disjointed feel. Our fist “Foam” since Hampton was a big treat for us followed by our first electric “Sleep Again” and Page belting out “Army of One.” The meat of set number one came with “46 Days > Tube.” “46” got way out there until splashing down into short but rocking “Tube.”

The second stanza featured an absolutely sick “Light” that went in many directions before spacing out into “20 Years.” It was only my second “20” but this one did what I had been hoping even though it still packs a lot of undiscovered potential. “Theme” was sublime and “2001,” although short, was got the dance party started like only it can. I couldn’t think of a better encore than “Lizards” “First Tube” and in my book this encore lifted the show considerably in terms of overall ranking.

In the end the Greek was an outstanding place to see a show with plenty of room and no security to speak of. But really, I’m not so sure I’m that excited for Phish to return there. The waiting to get in all day long so they can open the doors an hour prior to start time is flat out asinine. There’s a reason no other venues imitate this practice. And the lack of port-a-johns, while not unique to the Greek, is also fairly ridiculous. Improve those two things and I might be ok with a return, but I still don’t prefer the Greek over Shoreline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home