7.10.2010

Final

Before the World Cup I filled out two separate brackets and in both I had Spain-Holland as the Final. In the one I filled out prior to the Cup I picked the Dutch. In the other, filled out after the Cup started, I picked the Spanish. So if you’ve been betting on my picks (6-0 so far) proceed with caution.

This match features the second and third best teams per the SPI Rankings as well as the two players vying for the Golden Boot (top goal scorer) in David Villa and Wesley Sneijder. Both sides play a similar style of possession based on quick & accurate passes, feature great midfielders & forwards and will have all their players available.

This is a very tough call for me since Spain and Holland are my two favorite countries to visit and the teams I root for once the USA is eliminated. I think the difference will be Iker Casillas in goal and the combo of Gerard Piqué and Carles Puyol in central defense. I’m expecting a classic match with La Furia Roja coming out on top 3-2 in extra time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home