8.07.2010

Greek 2

Sometimes venue policies dictate that you have to break the rules to enjoy yourself. It is in this spirit that I apologize to anyone I cut in front of in the line to get in or who saw me relieving myself on the path to the port-o-lets. I’m not proud of it, and I didn’t set out to do it, but c’mon, standing in line all day just to get in or a half hour wait to take a leak? I don’t think so.

On this night we were far Page side but closer down and really only had an obstructed view of the Chairman’s face. The day was not near as hot as Thursday which was good and bad since it got colder much quicker too.

“Chalkdust” is always a welcome opener and the boys did this one right but the first set did not take off for me until “It’s Ice.” From there are hell broke loose with the best “Cities” since 8/10/97. The funk was thick and the crowd was almost playing the band. “Moma” kept the groove going and “Gin” “Stealing Time” closed out a proper first set in style.

The second set was where the real business was done as the gauntlet was thrown down immediately with a 15 minute “Rock and Roll” that slid ever so nicely into “Ghost.” Rather than talk about how great each individual song was I’ll just say that the ONLY song that didn’t fully realize its potential was “Seven Below” which was totally chopped to start “Weekapaug.” The rest of this set rivals any other set of the 3.0 era. Seriously, download it now.

The third installment of the journey of the magic guitar awaits…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home