12.07.2006

Apply to Affected Areas

spoday rambling 2

Congress is almost out of session and American Idol is ready to embark upon a new season, let the good times roll. I always scoffed at TV shows' arrogance in assuming people will vote at their discretion, but last season AI had 63 or so million votes cast. Wow! That's roughly half the vote from the 2004 presidential election, and we saw how adroitly those were tabulated. Maybe something can be learned from this show, other than resuscitating lifeless careers.

Let's move on. The Clay Aiken robbery and my inability to croon have me feeling down. Let me turn to politics to assure myself voting is not useless or taken for granted and I indeed have value. I know it's like asking that one uncle who's just been released from the clink and has a sixer in him for help w/your math homework while wearing short shorts. However, there is still a lesson to learn.

Here are the numbers for this past Senate election in PA:
Casey Jr. 59% 2,357,058
Santorum 41% 1,658,853
Total: 4,015,911

Money was as follows:
Casey Jr. $16,348,820
Santorum $22,478,293
Total: $38,827,113

Now, do the math, that's ten bucks a vote right there, take that Simon, they're paying 10 smackers for my vote. That isn't blowing kisses in the wind, Paula; it's straight currency, good ole greenbacks. Randy, I'm not exactly sure what you do or who you are but the gig is up. Ten bucks to play!!

Granted PA was a high dollar campaign, god I feel bad for you insignificant fucks whoring your vote for a fiver, but there's lots of money out there for something as simple as a vote. Imagine ten bucks a shot for 63 million votes, or 115 million votes, now that's some cheese. Stop giving it up for free people.

Another fun one is Connecticut w/Non Gentile Joe and Well fed Ned, they paid over twenty-six Susan B Anthony's per vote. I know what you must be thinking, but it wasn't really his money anyway, easy to spend on someone else. I'm not sure who wins and loses in all this, ok, I have a strong notion. I know I didn't hand them over any of my coin, and that's a helluva lot in their treasuries.

Please, if this amount of money must be pervasive in politics use it for something that doesn't annoy the fuck out of me. Television ad after television ad, mailer after mailer, the barrage is unnerving in the lead up. Perhaps, we should go back to the old days of buying drinks for votes, I'd take ten bucks worth of hooch for a vote. I'm sure those w/other hobbies could find use out of a ten-spot. If there's no way for this to go down, then take the money out.

Can I get a vote on that?

Might resuscitate careers!

Pull your pants up, John Kerry...er Simon.... er me!

On to the ho hum news from the wire:
-Defense Secretary Robert Gates was confirmed after a casual confirmation hearing where he testified under oath he was indeed not Donald Rumsfeld. They then showed each other their genitals.

-The long anticipated Baker Report/Iraq Study/We're Fucked Manifesto has been released, whereupon James Baker III broke into Kids Today.."why can't they be like we were, attack Iraq the right way......" Then, yes, he did show his genitals.

-Mary Cheney is pregos; sometimes these just happen by themselves.

-NAD honored John Mellencamp this week; he was referred to as the deaf person's Woody Guthrie. From the east coast to the west coast and from California, to the New York Island and from the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters the deaf hailed him. Oh, yeah almost forgot the fucking Dixie highway.


-presents for all-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home